New members announced for the North Essex Economic Board
Following the local elections on 4 May, the North Essex Economic Board (NEEB) is pleased to announce the latest members of the board supporting the partnership as its new strategic vision is due to be launched later this year.
Current NEEB Chair Cllr Marie Goldman (Deputy Leader of Chelmsford City Council and Cabinet Member for Connected Chelmsford) and Cllr Lesley Wagland (Cabinet Member for Economic Renewal, Infrastructure and Planning for Essex County Council) remain on the Board. NEBB also has five new members in place.
- Cllr Frankie Ricci, Braintree District Council's Cabinet Member for Economic Growth and Inward Investment
- Cllr David King, Colchester City Council's Leader and Portfolio Holder for Strategy
- Cllr Richard Siddall, Maldon District Council's Leader
- Cllr Ivan Henderson, Tendring District Council's Deputy Leader and Portfolio Holder for Economic Growth, Regeneration & Tourism
- Cllr Neil Hargreaves, Uttlesford District Council's Deputy Leader and Portfolio Holder for Finance and the Economy
Cllr Goldman said: "The North Essex Economic Board has been a successful partnership for many years now, and we have an exciting programme ahead with both our latest business support offer and also our upcoming new strategy.
"As chair I am pleased to welcome the new representatives of our partner councils to the Board, as it is through this partnership that our real strength lies in delivering for businesses and residents across north Essex."
For more information, go to www.neeb.org.uk.
The North Essex Economic Board (NEEB) is a partnership of local authorities in the area: Braintree, Maldon, Tendring and Uttlesford district councils, Colchester and Chelmsford city councils, and Essex County Council. It was formed to support the economic growth of the area, making it a wonderful place to work, live and do business.
10 July 2023