Arkesden Village Parish Council Clerk & Finance Officer
Arkesden Parish Council has an upcoming vacancy for the post of parish clerk and responsible financial officer.
Hours: Ten hours per week, with flexibility in work hours/days
Equipment: Laptop and printer provided
Pay: Starting hourly rate is £11.62, depending on experience
Arkesden Parish is located roughly five miles southwest of the market town of Saffron Walden.
The Arkesden Parish Council (APC) is currently comprised of five Parish Councillors, with one vacancy. The APC is supported by one District and one County Councillor.
Arkesden village houses St Mary's Church, a Village Hall, the Axe and Compasses pub, and a host of local committees which support the well-being of our vibrant little village.
Clerical duties and responsibilities
- Preparing the agenda and minutes for APC meetings which are held the 3rd Monday of each month in the Arkesden Village Hall. This includes minute taking and attendance at the monthly meetings, and any other interim meetings including the Annual General Meeting, along with the issuance of any notices required by law.
- Managing and preparing all correspondence on behalf of the APC and raising queries from members of the public to the attention of the APC.
- Updating the Arkesden Village website with APC information as required under the Transparency Code.
- Assisting in the formation and review of APC policies and procedures.
- Following up on Planning Applications in a timely manner according to the decisions of the APC.
- Monitoring actions and decisions of the APC and advising the APC on its statutory duties and regulatory requirements.
- Liaising, as necessary, with other agencies, e.g. EALC, Essex Highways, Uttlesford District Council etc.
Responsible Financial Officer
- Day to day financial management, preparation of the annual budget, mid-year and year-end financial accounts, and precept requests in accordance with current prescribed procedures.
- Liaison with the appointed internal auditor, as required.
- Submission of annual VAT returns.
If you would like more information and/or to have an informal discussion on what the role entails, please contact the present clerk Susan Erb at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01799 551 870.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please submit a letter of application accompanied by a current CV to the clerk at: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest,
Arkesden Parish Clerk