This section of the website contains useful links to census data that is on the Neighbourhood Statistics website and downloads from Public Health England.
This page provides data from the first release from the 2011 Census conducted by the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
The census provides a snapshot of the usually resident population of the Uttlesford District as at Census Day, 27 March 2011.
Information is provided on the usually resident population at national, regional, county and constituent Local Authority District and Unitary Authority level, by age and sex. The census population estimates are provided by five year age band below national level. Data contained within the pack are rounded to the nearest 100. There may be inconsistencies with comparator data published elsewhere because of rounding, disclosure control and processing to ensure consistency with census definitions.
The ONS have also published separate tables for all local authorities and regions.
The following sheets are available here:
- This contains links to a series of explanatory reports on methods and quality, published on the ONS website, which support the release of census population estimates. Also included is a brief guide to terms used.
- Comparative statistics and charts for the 2001 and 2011 Census covering the Uttlesford District. Contains counts and proportions for passports held, country of birth, health (day-to-day), health (general), health (care), religion, ethnic group, economic activity, tenure, car availability, qualifications and students.
- This contains census counts and estimates of usual residents, households containing at least one usual resident and the number of occupied dwellings according to Communities and Local Government Council Tax data for the Uttlesford District, the East of England region, and England and Wales as a whole.
- This contains tables and graphs displaying the census and comparator totals by five year age group and sex for the selected LA. A separate table and graph containing sex ratios for the Uttlesford District.
- This contains comparisons of the proportionate distribution of census estimates by five year age, and sex, between the Uttlesford District, Essex and the East of England, as well as England and Wales as a whole.
- This contains short term UK resident totals by sex for the Uttlesford District and regional totals by broad age and sex.
- This contains comparator data by five year age group and sex, as well as sex ratios, are shown for Essex. A separate table indicates which local authorities are contained within the selected county.
Overview of the key ONS Census 2011 results (releases 1 and 2) for the West Essex sub-region focused on those statistics directly and indirectly connected to the resident's employment status and includes comparisons with 2001 results.
- Analysis of the 2011 Census Uttlesford population proportions by quinary age band and sex.
Parish data from 2011 Census - Datasheets covering 12 different statistics for the parishes of Dunmow and Saffron Walden in Uttlesford.
- Analysis of the 2011 Census Uttlesford population proportions by ethnicity with extracted charts and tables for the Uttlesford District.
- 1991 and 2001 Census figures for population
Census 2011 parish statistics - data providing a snapshot of the usually resident population of the administrative areas of the two major towns in the Uttlesford District - Great Dunmow and Saffron Walden - as at Census Day, 27 March 2011. Datasheets covering 12 different statistics are available for both towns.
District health profiles - The health of people in Uttlesford is generally better than the England Average. Deprivation is lower than average, however about 8.3% (1,200) children live in poverty. Life expectancy for both men and women is higher than the England average.