Toggle menu

Cost of living support

Financial advice and emotional support on how you can ease the cost of living squeeze.

Comment on an animal licence application

Find and respond to current applications for a dangerous wild animal licence.

Anyone can have a say about animal activity licensing decisions - you can comment on an application for a new licence or a variation to an existing licence by writing to us.

Any premises or person who keeps a dangerous wild animal must apply for a specific licence allowing them to do so. The schedule of animals can be located at

Comment on a licence application

Anyone applying for this type of licence will be subject to an inspection by a specialist veterinarian and abide by certain conditions imposed.

If you want to comment, you must do so within 21 days of the consultation starting - we'll tell you when this when we publish the application. Your comments must not be vexatious or frivolous and should relate to one of the objectives.

Is not contrary to public safety, nuisance or otherwise.

Your comment may be rejected if it is not considered to be relevant to any of the licensing objectives, or if it is considered as being vexatious or frivolous (lacking seriousness or minor).

You should refer to Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976 for more information.

Make a comment

You can comment on a licence application by placing them onto this email address.

Or you can write to:

Licensing, Uttlesford District Council, London Road, Saffron Walden CB11 4ER

Applications for an animal license

No current applications

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon