Uttlesford discretionary business development business rate relief scheme
How to apply for a discount on your business rates.
If your businesses is relocating into Uttlesford district, expanding in the district or being forced to move out of your current premises you can apply to be considered for discretionary rate relief of up to 50% for the first year and up to 25% for the second year.
Your business must:
- have been trading for at least 2 years and qualify as a Micro, Small or Medium Sized Enterprise (SME)
- be moving to a "new" property with a rateable value of more than £12,000
- either own the property or have a lease with a minimum period of 3 years before expiry, or an occupancy commitment exists
You can find all of the eligibility criteria in the Uttlesford Discretionary Business Development Business Rate Relief Scheme Policy.
You can apply using our online form.
Funding is limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Before you start
You will need to provide other information, including:
- your companies house number (if you have one)
- the number of people you employ and how long you've been trading
- the business rateable value of the proposed/ extended/additional/ premises
- a lease or evidence of your ownership of the premises
- financial accounts for the previous 2 years
What happens next
You will receive a copy of your application by email.
If you do not receive this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to check your application has been received.
You will be advised if your business rates relief application has been approved or rejected via email.