Toggle menu

Cost of living support

Advice and support to help manage the rising cost of living.

Food safety training

Where to get food safety training and what training you'll need for you and your staff.

How to get training

We don't currently run training for food safety but there are a number of registered food safety trainers who do.

The Food Standards Agency has free online food safety training for or businesses, including allergen training and food labelling courses.

What you need to do

Food business operators must ensure that food handlers receive the appropriate supervision and training in food hygiene. This must be in-line with the area staff work in and to enable them to handle food safely. It is the responsibility of the food business to demonstrate an adequate level of training/knowledge/awareness including allergens, and making sure training is up to date.

Uttlesford District Council accept up to date Level 2 Food safety and Hygiene training as sufficient.

When you start a new food business or take over an existing business, you mustregister with us.