Request a sharps collection
We can collect and dispose of used syringes for you.
You can arrange a sharps collection or an exchange when your box is nearly full.
What we can collect
We collect used syringes as long as they are contained in an official yellow sharps box.
You can get your first box from your:
Sharps are collected separately from other waste.
What we cannot collect
We can't collect other medical waste or equipment.
Request a collection
We collect sharps on a Wednesday every week.
You can arrange a sharps collection or box exchange using our online form.
Other ways to book
You can also arrange a sharps collection or box exchange by:
Before you start
All collections are free and you can arrange to have as many boxes collected as you like.
You'll need to give us:
- your details
- whether you need a collection only or a sharps box exchange
- how many boxes need to be collected or exchanged
- where the box(es) will be left (if not on your front doorstep)
- date you need the collection
About your collection
When you have booked your collection you'll need to:
- leave your sharps box out on a Tuesday evening ready for collection early on Wednesday
- leave your sharps box on your front doorstep or in another visible place
- make sure that your box is securely closed - we can't collect it if it is too full or not securely closed
When we collect your full box we'll leave you any empty one. If you leave out multiple boxes we'll leave you a replacement for each one.
Cancel a collection
If you booked using our online form you can log back in and cancel your collection or arrange it for another day.