Uttlesford household support scheme
The cost-of-living crisis is impacting on all residents across our district and the government have put in a number of schemes to support people with these large increases, particularly the cost of energy.
Uttlesford District Council have acted to implement a household support scheme which will provide a rebate to households that were in receipt of Local Council Tax Support on the qualifying dates. These households have been identified as most vulnerable and in need of additional support with the cost of food and utilities.
How the grant will be determined
The household support will be paid direct to the Council Tax account of eligible residents. This scheme will apply for the 2022-2023 financial year only.
- Residents in receipt of Local Council Tax Support falling in the working age scheme category, between the qualifying dates will be entitled to a Council Tax rebate of £100.
- Residents in receipt of Local Council Tax Support falling into the scheme category vulnerable, disabled and their carer's, between the qualifying date will be entitled to a Council Tax rebate of £80.00
Pensioner households in receipt of Local Council Tax Support will receive an additional £80 from Essex County Council's Household Support Fund, providing they satisfy the eligibility criteria, and therefore sit outside the scope of this scheme.
Who is eligible for a Household Support Rebate?
- In receipt of Local Council Tax Support between the 31 January 2022 and 1 April 2022
- in either the working age or vulnerable, disabled and their carers Local Council Tax Support category
- Is the liable party for Council Tax in respect of the property listed in the Local Council Tax Support claim, for the qualifying period ('Council Taxpayer')
Where the Local Council Tax Support is awarded at 100% of the Council Tax liability, we will contact you for your bank details so that we can make the payment to you direct.
In the case of bank payments, where more than one person is liable to pay the Council Tax only one grant will be awarded to the household.
It shall be at the Council's discretion to determine to which of the jointly liable persons the grant is paid. All other payments will be credited direct to the Council Tax account to offset the balance due
Who is not eligible?
- Persons who are not liable for the Council Tax.
- Persons not in receipt of Local Council Tax Support between the qualifying dates
- Pensioners on Local Council Tax Support. This group will receive a direct payment from Essex County Council's Support fund
How to apply
You do not need to apply we will contact you shortly.