Trees, hedges and wildlife

Some trees in the district might be protected because they are considered to be important in the local environment. Trees can be protected by a tree preservation order (TPO) or if they are in a conservation area. 

Please note that when submitting applications for works to trees you must include photographs of the tree(s) that are the subject of the application.

► Tree preservation orders (TPO)

► Trees in conservation areas

► Applying to carry out work to a protected tree

► Trees on council land

► Wildlife and countryside

Go straight to our other related services

► Hedgerows

► Dying dead or dangerous trees

► Trees in conservation areas

Additional information

Tree Preservation Orders and trees in conservation areas on GOV.UK |  ► High hedges: complaining to the council