Toggle menu

Cost of living support

Financial advice and emotional support on how you can ease the cost of living squeeze.

Moving house?

Let us know when you move home so that we can adjust your bill. We may need to transfer your Council Tax account from your old address to your new one.

Moving into, out of or within Uttlesford

You must tell us if you move home into, out of or within the Uttlesford district.

The easiest way to notify us is via our Council Tax online portal.

Notify us of your move online

You do not need to register to use this service, however if you would like to view your Council Tax account details you will need to create a login for the portal.

Alternatively you can contact the Council Tax team directly.

Report a change of circumstance

Please use the link below if you need to report, for purposes of Council Tax discounts and exemptions entitlement, a change of circumstances.

For example:

  • anyone moves into, or out of, your home
  • a change happens which may affect your entitlement to a discount , disabled person's relief or an exemption

Report a change of circumstance (regarding discounts and exemptions)

Find out more about if you qualify for a  discount or exemption.

If a discount is granted it will last for as long as you qualify.

⚠ If anything changes, you should contact us within 21 days so that your council tax can be recalculated.

Update the electoral register

Registering for Council Tax does not automatically register you on the electoral register, so if you have either moved into the district or within the district, you will also need to register as a voter at your new address.

Register to vote online

If you need a paper form, contact Electoral Services on 01799 510431/432 or email

Council tax discounts and exemptions

Find out more about Council Tax discounts and exemptions.