Environmental Health - private sector housing Privacy Notice
This privacy notice is provided for clarification on what information the council needs in order to investigate your complaint or process your grant application(s).
It is necessary for the council to gather, collect, store and process personal information relating your grant application(s). The council puts measures in place to protect the privacy of individuals throughout this process.
As a public authority, Council takes your rights and freedoms seriously and will only release information when required under law or with your consent. Further information about your rights, how to contact the Data Protection Officer, how long information is held or how we process your personal information can be found at the Privacy webpage.
Information we may collect
- Address + Postcode
- Date of Birth
- Telephone details
- Emails address
- National Insurance Number
- Employer details
- Income details
- Bank & Building Society details
- Power of Attorney details
- Medical information
- Criminal convictions
We may share the information with
- Other departments of the Council
- Other Councils (e.g. for sharing information on rogue landlords)
- Government departments such as HMRC and the Cabinet Office
- Health and Safety Executive
- Essex County Council - Adult/Child Social Care
- Essex Fire and Rescue
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- NHS and UK Medical Agencies e.g. GP Practices
The names and addresses of HMO licence holders and managers will be placed on a public register.
The council will only keep your information for as long as necessary. Full details of how long the council retains your information can be found in the council's . After this time your information will be securely destroyed. After this time your information will be securely destroyed.