Toggle menu

Cost of living support

Advice and support to help manage the rising cost of living.

Pay for garden waste collection service - existing customers

How you can pay for your garden waste service if you are an existing customer.

Council Tax and Business Rates Direct Debits

Due to a technical issue Direct Debit payments for Council Tax and Business Rates which would normally be taken on 15 August have been collected a day early.

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused during this time.

What's happening

If you have a Direct Debit set up to pay your Council Tax or Business Rates on the 15th of each month you'll find that our bank has taken the payment a day early this month. This means that our bank has taken the payment today (14 August) rather than on 15 August.

What to do

If this will cause you a problem or if you would like any advice on what to do please contact us.

Telephone: 01799 510510


Find information about Direct Debits on the Direct Debit website.


Updated: 10:22 on 14 August 2023


The service costs £50 for the year.

If you receive Local Council Tax Support (LCTS) you will be eligible for a 25 percent reduction on the service charge. This will mean that you just need to pay £37.50.

There's no discount if you renew your subscription part of the way through the year.

If you renew in October, you will need to pay £50 (or £37.50 for LCTS claimants). You will still only get your garden waste collected until 31 May 2024.


How to pay

Please include your garden waste reference number with all payments.

Pay online

You can pay online using our secure payments system.

You will need to enter:

  • Reference - as shown on your letter
  • Amount - amount payable
  • Description - surname, first line of your address, post code and benefit claim number if applicable

Pay online now 

Pay by credit or debit card

You will need to call us on 01799 510510 if you want to pay over the phone using your debit card or credit card.

Pay by cheque

Ensure that you put your garden waste reference on the back of your cheque.

You will then need to send  it to us at:

Uttlesford District Council, Council Offices, London Road, Saffron Walden CB11 4ER