Working for us you'll enjoy a range of great benefits.
We think that the people who are employed by us are our most important asset so we try to make sure that Uttlesford is a motivated, friendly, inclusive and great place to work.
To try and accommodate the needs of all of our different employees we offer a number of benefits and working hours options. Depending upon your job you could benefit from flexible working options to help you balance your work and home life, including working from home, family friendly policies and some flexibility of the hours you work. We offer many other flexible working options including part-time or job-share working.
With free parking at our offices and depots and allowances for fuel if you use your own car on council business we try and make it easy for you to get around.
You'll also be able to join the Local Government Pension scheme and enjoy a generous annual leave entitlement.
Holidays and flexible working
Most of our roles allow for flexibility over the working day so you can fit in with your childcare or other commitments. We also have a generous holiday scheme that allows you to take more time off if you have worked for us for over five years.
Our employees are entitled to join the Local Government Pension Scheme, a contributory scheme with staff contributing a percentage of their annual salary.
To help with travel to and at work, we offer:
- Free car parking at our main offices and depots
- Reimbursement for fuel if car travel is an occasional part of your job
- Car user allowances if travel is a regular part of your job
Support and benefits
- Workplace Options - employee assistance programme, for information and guidance on any problems
- Wellbeing events and sports sessions
- Contributory Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Paid holidays
- Vine Extras employee discount scheme
- Discounted rate for gym membership at our three leisure centres run for us by 1Life