Apply to vary a premises licence
How to apply to vary a licence for a premises or a club premises certificate.
You can apply to vary your premises licence to:
- extend the hours for existing licensable activities
- apply for extra licensable activities
- remove conditions on an existing licence
If the variation is minor you should apply for a minor variation. A minor variation is a simplified process for:
- small changes to premises layouts or structures
- to reduce licensing hours
- removal of out of date, irrelevant or unenforceable conditions
- add conditions
- add licensable activities that will not affect the licensing objectives of crime and disorder, public safety, prevention of public nuisance and the protection of children from harm
How to apply
- Download and complete the Premises Variation application form
- Pay the license fee
- Send the completed forms and payment receipt to email@example.com
To pay please calling 01799 510510 and request a receipt to submit together with your premises variation application form.
You'll be charged a fee that's based on the rateable value of the property.
You can check the rateable value of the premises on GOV.UK.
If your premises doesn't have a rateable value it will fall into the lowest fee band.
Display the application
- display a notice of the application at the premises for 28 days starting from the day after the application was submitted
The site notice must be:
- on pale blue paper
- A4 size or larger
- large font, size 16 or larger
- publish a notice of the application in a locally circulated newspaper within 10 working days starting from the day after the application was submitted
- publish the application on our website
What happens next
There's a 28-day representation period from the date you apply. After this has ended if there haven't been any representations from responsible authorities or relevant persons, then well grant the licence. Well issue the licence shortly after.
We'll arrange a hearing with the licensing committee within 20 working days from the representation period end date. If a hearing is held a licence will be granted, granted with some extra conditions or refused.
Tacit consent applies to premise licence variation this means that you can assume your application has been granted after the 28-day consultation period has ended unless you've heard from us that there have been representations from responsible authorities or interested parties.