Information about the council
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOI) gives you the right to request any written or recorded information held by the council.
Access to information we hold about the environment is dealt with under the Environmental Information Regulations Act 2004 (EIR).
Access to information we hold under the Reuse of Public Sector Information 2015 (RoPSI) is subject to the conditions of the Open Government Licence.
Information we do not hold
We do not hold information about:
- road repairs or potholes - you will need to contact Essex Highways
- street lights - you will need to contact Essex Highways
- cycle lanes - you will need to contact Essex Highways
- pedestrian crossings - you will need to contact Essex Highways
- bus shelters- you will need to contact Essex Highways
- Christmas lights and decorations - you will need to contact the relevant town or parish council
- maintenance of public toilets - you will need to contact the relevant town or parish council
- maintenance of play parks and play areas - you will need to contact the relevant town or parish council
- sales of tobacco - you will need to contact Essex County Council Trading standards
What we publish
Before you make an FOI or EIR request you should check whether the information you are requesting has already been published.
Check our transparency pages to see if the information you need has already been requested.
We have already published information on:
- business rates (National Non-Domestic Rates)
- committee agendas and minutes
- council budgets and accounts
- councillors' expenses
- councillors' attendance records
- election results
- fees we charge for services
- grants and awards that we have given to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations
- pay policy - what we pay all of our staff
- senior staff pay and allowances
- spending on anything over £250
- Social Housing Asset Value
- trade union facility time
Make a request
You can ask to see any information we hold on paper or as computer files.
Making a FOI or EIR request
If the information you're looking for has not been published already, you can request it by:
- emailing your request to email@example.com
- reaching us on Twitter
- connecting with us through Facebook
You can also write to us at:
Information Governance Team
Uttlesford District Council
Make sure you include an email or postal address so we can respond to your request.
After you've made a request
We'll send you confirmation that your request has been received. Your request should be answered within 20 working days, though in some circumstances this could be longer.
If we cannot answer your request, we'll write to let you know why.
You can find out more on the Information Commissioner's website about:
In some cases there might be a charge for providing information that you have requested.
If you have questions arising from the information we provide, these might be treated as new FOI requests.
If you're not happy with our response
If you are not satisfied with the response we have given you, you can ask for a review by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You will need to give us your reference number and explain what you would like us to investigate.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our review, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO will not investigate any concern that we have not had the opportunity to review.