Toggle menu

Cost of living support

Advice and support to help manage the rising cost of living.

Information about the council

The Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOI) gives you the right to request any written or recorded information held by the council.

Access to information we hold about the environment is dealt with under the Environmental Information Regulations Act 2004 (EIR).

Access to information we hold under the Reuse of Public Sector Information 2015 (RoPSI) is subject to the conditions of the Open Government Licence.

Information we do not hold

We do not hold information about:

What we publish

Before you make an FOI or EIR request you should check whether the information you are requesting has already been published.

We publish information about the council as part of our publication scheme (PDF) [568KB] .

Check our transparency pages to see if the information you need has already been requested.

We have already published information on:

Make a request

You can ask to see any information we hold on paper or as computer files.

Making a FOI or EIR request

If the information you're looking for has not been published already, you can request it by:

You can also write to us at:

Information Governance Team
Uttlesford District Council
Council Offices
London Road
Saffron Walden
CB11 4ER

Make sure you include an email or postal address so we can respond to your request.

After you've made a request

We'll send you confirmation that your request has been received. Your request should be answered within 20 working days, though in some circumstances this could be longer.

If we cannot answer your request, we'll write to let you know why.

You can find out more on the Information Commissioner's website about:

In some cases there might be a charge for providing information that you have requested.

If you have questions arising from the information we provide, these might be treated as new FOI requests.

If you're not happy with our response

If you are not satisfied with the response we have given you, you can ask for a review by emailing

You will need to give us your reference number and explain what you would like us to investigate.

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our review, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO will not investigate any concern that we have not had the opportunity to review.