Economic Recovery Plan 2021-24
Uttlesford District Council's Economic Recovery Plan for the period 2021-24.
The local economy was significantly impacted following the Pandemic and members allocated a £1m dedicated fund to support the recovery of the local economy. The fund was to be spent over a period of three financial years, 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2024.
The plan has evolved to include supporting the cost of living crisis that has affected local businesses and organisations, with direct impacts such as high inflation, high utility costs and the indirect impact of households with less available income to spend on non-essential goods and services.
Priority 1 - Business Engagement and Support
- Support businesses already located in Uttlesford district
- Support businesses hardest hit by the pandemic and the cost of living crisis
- Foster the development of existing town centres as vibrant locations for business and leisure
- Support business start-ups and pre-starts
- Digital Connectivity
Priority 2 - Creating Jobs and Inward investment
- Support the sustainable growth of existing businesses
- Increase inward investment
Priority 3 - Creating a "greener" local economy
- Support local businesses to address Climate Change issues