Grey waste bin
Your grey-lidded bin for non-recycling is collected fortnightly. Please make sure it is at the boundary of your property by 7am on your collection day.
Its just a name change and no new bins are being issued. Please continue to use your current bin, we'll be collecting all your bins as usual.
Your grey-lidded bin is for general household waste which cannot be recycled.
Not sure what to do with something? Find out if you can recycle it.
What you can put in your grey waste bin
Things that you can put in your grey waste bin include:
- jiffy bags
- patterned or flock wallpaper
- disposable nappies
- cling film
- bubble wrap, shrink wrap
- crisp packets, chocolate wrappers etc.
- black bin liners
- expanded polystyrene / Styrofoam
- CDs, DVDs, Video or cassette tapes
- hard plastic items such as toys
What you cannot put in your grey waste bin
⚠ We will not collect any additional non-recycling left out with your grey waste bin.
Things that you cannot put in your grey waste bin include:
- food recycling - put this in your brown food waste caddy
- dry recycling - put this in your green recycling bin
- building rubble - small loads can be taken to your local recycling centre
- garden waste - take to your local recycling centre, or you can sign up for our garden waste service
- paint or oil tins - take to your local recycling centre
- hazardous waste such as car batteries, pesticides, herbicides, etc. - find out if you can recycle it