Change of address - Council Tax

Did you know you can now manage your Council Tax online?

Managing your Council Tax online using a hand held digital device


Manage your Council Tax online

Set up a Direct Debit, check your account, tell us about any changes and register for paperless billing using our Northgate Council Tax portal.

You do not need to register to use some of these services. However if you would like to view your Council Tax account details, you will need to create a login for the portal.

We have published some guidance on how to use this service.


Please contact us if your circumstances change. For example:

  • you move house
  • anyone moves into, or out of, your house
  • a change happens that may affect your entitlement to a discount, disabled person's relief or an exemption

Report a change of circumstances


Change of address - Electoral Registration

Registering for Council Tax does not automatically register you on the electoral register, so if you have either moved into the district or within the district, you will also need to register as a voter at your new address.

Register to vote online

If you need a paper form, contact Electoral Services on 01799 510431/432 or email


Go straight to our other related services

Discounts and Exemptions