Garden waste bin - what we can not collect
Find out what you can't put into your garden waste bin.
Your green garden waste bin is collected fortnightly, but please remember that your collection day may be different from your regular collection day.
To find your collection day please check your renewal letter.
What you can not put in your bin
Here are the things that you can not put in your bin:
- Plastic bags of any kind - Plastic carrier bags and plastic sacks (not black) can be recycled in your Green recycling bin
- Metal, glass, plastic, cardboard or paper - Some of these can be recycled in your Green recycling bin
- Flower pots and seed trays - Please put these in your Black waste bin
- Kitchen/food waste including peelings - Please put these in your Brown food waste caddy
- Windfall fruit - Please put these in your Brown food waste caddy
- Animal/pet waste - Please put this in your Black waste bin
- Soil, rubble or turf - Please take this to your local recycling center
- Timber - Please take this to your local recycling center
Tips for filling your bin
Please put the garden waste loose into the bin.
⚠ If you put plastic bags in your bin we will not be able to empty it.
Please do not overfill the bin. If garden waste is compacted it will stick in the bin and this may result in damage when emptying it.
Placing twigs or dry leaves at the bottom of the bin will help stop the garden waste from sticking in the bin.
Excess garden waste placed beside or on top of the bin will not be taken. The lid must be closed and all garden waste contained within the bin.
If you have any queries which are not covered by the information above, please email email@example.com or telephone 01799 510510 and we will do our best to answer.