Toggle menu

Cost of living support

Advice and support to help manage the rising cost of living.

Private housing

Information for tenants and landlords on privately rented accommodation.

Manage your landlord account online (opens new window)

View your payment schedules, data about your tenants' claims and inform us of any changes using our Northgate Landlords portal.

You will need to login to use the portal. If you do not already have an account you'll need to contact our Benefits Team.


Problems with renting: how to complain

What to do if there is a problem with your rented property

Information for landlords

Your responsibilities as a landlord and where you can find help and advice.

Houses in Multiple Occupation

What an House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) is and how to apply for a licence.

Caravans and mobile homes

To run a caravan or mobile homes site you need a licence from the council

Private renting for tenants: evictions

Information on GOV.UK about the strict procedures your landlord must follow if they want you to leave their property

The Rent Deposit Guarantee Scheme

You can get help from us with a deposit if you want to rent privately but don't have enough money