Toggle menu

Cost of living support

Advice and support to help manage the rising cost of living.

Caravans and mobile homes

To run a caravan or mobile homes site you need a licence from the council.

There may be conditions attached to a licence relating to:

  • The safety and welfare of the occupants
  • Spacing between caravans or mobile homes
  • Provision of amenities
  • Fire safety and fire fighting precautions


The applicant must be entitled to use the land as a caravan site.

Apply for a licence

You can apply for a caravan site licence on GOV.UK

Apply for a caravan site licence (external link)


We can offer discretionary grants to the occupiers of dwellings and mobile homes to carry out essential structural repair work or improvements.