How we consult with you
We use a wide variety of methods for communication and consulting with you.
A consultation is a formal process where we ask for your views to help us make a decision on a specific topic. We'll then consider what you've told us and use this, along with other information, to make a decision. You can have a say on how we set our budgets, the developer of the district and how we manage the housing we own.
How we consult you
By combining different methods of consultation we can target the groups most affected by any issues raised and also ensure that the views of all diverse groups within the population are taken into account.
We engage with you through:
- district-wide surveys
- focus groups, user groups
- questionnaires, letters and newsletters
- Housing News magazine (published twice a year)
- press releases (to local newspapers, e.g. Saffron Walden Weekly News, Walden Local, Dunmow Broadcast etc., television and radio, e.g. ITV Anglia News and BBC Radio Essex)
- Tenant and Leaseholder Panel
- Community Stakeholder Forum
- Uttlesford area access group
You can also respond to formal consultations on:
- planning applications - how to comment or search for a planning application
- the Local Plan - through the Community Stakeholder Forum
- Licensing applications - applications made under the Licensing Act 2003
Improving how we consult
In future we will use more digital methods to consult with you. We will make it as easy as possible for you to contribute your views, and we will try harder to use clear language and plain English in consultation documents.
All the consultation that we carry out conforms to the guidelines that we have laid out in our Corporate Consultation Strategy.