Clinical waste disposal from private households includes the safe collection and disposal of items like hypodermic needles and dialysis waste.
We provide a confidential free disposal service for clinical waste from private households.
⚠ We cannot collect any clinical waste with your regular bin collection.
What to do
You will need to put any clinical waste in special yellow sacks which you can get from your local nurse or doctor's surgery.
- keep the waste separate from your normal bins and recycling
- put all the waste in a yellow clinical waste sack
- not overfill the yellow sack
- tie the yellow sack securely
- use a second bag if the waste is wet and heavy
Put any sharp instrument such as scalpels or needles in the special yellow plastic container known as a sharps box.
You can then arrange with us for a sharps collection.
Items such as incontinence pads are not classified as clinical waste and should be disposed of in your household waste.
Request a collection
Contact us to arrange a collection.