Toggle menu

Cost of living support

Financial advice and emotional support on how you can ease the cost of living squeeze.

Changes of Circumstance - Benefits

If you don't tell us about a change, and we pay you too much benefit, you may have to pay it back.

You must tell us about the following changes:

Changes to the money you get

Please tell us if:

  • you start or stop getting Income Support or Jobseeker's Allowance (income-based)
  • you start or stop getting Tax Credits
  • the money you or your partner gets increases or decreases
  • the money non-dependants get increases or decreases
  • there are any other changes in the money people in your home receive, e.g. someone starts receiving Disability Living Allowance


Changes in your home

Please tell us if:

  • you change your address
  • the number of people in your home changes, e.g. someone has a baby
  • a partner comes to live with you
  • a partner leaves


Other changes

Please tell us if:

  • you, or your partner, go into hospital for more than six weeks
  • you, or your partner, become a student, or stop being a student
  • you, or your partner, or any another member of your household are likely to be absent from your home for a period of 4 weeks or more
  • the amount of savings or capital you have changes



Notification of a Change of Circumstances

Go straight to our other related services

Benefit Reviews
Housing Benefit and Local Council Tax Support Overpayments
Extra people in your property (non-dependants)


Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon