Toggle menu

Cost of living support

Advice and support to help manage the rising cost of living.


Pay any council bill, fine or invoice online, via your bank, by phone, in person or by sending a payment to us by post.


Uttlesford District Council is the data controller for any personal information you provide to the council. For more information on your data protection rights or how to contact our Data Protection Officer, please look at our privacy notices.

Pay for something

Bins for a new build property

You can pay online if you have ordered waste and recycling bins for a new build property.

Pay new build bin fee (opens new window)

You will also need to make sure that you have filled in a request for a new bin for a 'new-build' property.

Building control application

Pay for planning or building control applications

Business Improvement District (BID) levy

Pay your BID levy

If you are a business in a BID area you will be asked to pay a small levy on top of your business rates.

Business rates

Pay your business rates

Council Tax

Pay your Council Tax

Garage rent

Pay housing and garage rent

How to pay your rent if you rent one of our garages.

Garden waste

Existing customers

If you have a subscription for our garden waste service it should expire on 31 May. But this year we will be extending it by 4 weeks to the end of June to make up for the collections that were missed because of the recent disruptions to the service.

We'll include full details in the annual renewal letter that we will be sending you shortly. The letter will also include details of how to sign up for the service next year.

New customers

The service will be open for new subscribers shortly.

Housing benefits overpayments

Pay housing benefit overpayment (opens new window)

Housing rent

Pay your rent

How to pay your rent if you live in one of our properties.


Pay an invoice/sundry debtor (opens new window)

Parking ticket

Parking ticket (PCN)

How to pay or challenge a parking ticket (also called a Penalty Charge Notice).

Planning application

Pay for planning or building control applications

Temporary road closure

You can pay online if you apply for a Street Closure Order to close a road for an event in Uttlesford.

Pay temporary road closure fee (opens new window)

You will also need to make sure that you have filled in an application for a Street Closure Order.

Other ways to pay

Pay by telephone 

If you would like to pay over the phone please call us on 01799 510510 and then press 1 for payments.

Our Customer Service Centre is open for payments, phone and email enquiries.

Internet banking

We can accept internet banking payments. We would request that you include your reference number in any payment. The council's bank details are Account number 20999555 Sort Code 20-74-21.

Please note: If you wish  to make payments to your Housing Rent Account (for council dwellings and garages only) you should use the following bank details: Account number 80940143 Sort code 20-74-21.

Pay by post

You can send cheque payments to Uttlesford District Council, London Road, Saffron Walden CB11 4ER. Make sure that you include your information and details of what you are paying for, such as account rent account numbers or planning application references.

Pay in person

The reception at our London Road Offices in Saffron Walden is open.

We are not able to take any cash payments at the reception desk.